A death has occured... What to do
A sudden or even an expected death of a loved one is always a shock. Unfortunately, it is also a time during which you must undertake a series of steps in a short period of time. The first 24 to 72 hours will ask of you lots of energy… If a family member has died, despite the shock and pain of your loss, you will have to find the strength to do all of the necessary steps.
Contact Funera Concept immediately.
Leaders in funeral services assistance and planning experts for all of your funeral related needs.
We will navigate along your side and assist you with all of the funeral services selections and management.
Funeral arrangements when a death occurs
- When a death occurs, the last thing we want to do is going around town to find a funeral home to provide the appropriate funeral services at an affordable price. Funera Concept is there to assist you. Our help and assistance will allow you to stay with your loved ones in order to let the grieving process take its course in all serenity.
- You need a team of trained professionals by your side, to assist you in making the well informed and educated decisions to select the proper funeral services that will respond to all your needs.
- When planning a funeral service, you can trust our experts to assist you with the planning. With our trained and certified staff by your side, finding the best options is a much easier task with the best price available. Funeral planning becomes a much easier task to take on for you and your love ones.
- An exceptional funeral planning experience combined with our expertise makes us a worry free point of contact for you and your family in that difficult moment.
Save time and money
- Our promise is to provide you with the best funeral planning at the best price available.
- We put our knowledge and expertise at your service for all of your funeral services needs.
- Our experts have the knowledge, the understanding and the expertise in funeral planning, funeral pre-arrangements and cemetery concessions to assist you in making a well educated decision based on your needs and expectations.
- Our trained professionals have been involved in the funeral industry for many years and they have assisted many families with better informed and well educated decisions in funeral planning, pre-planning and cemetery purchases.
- Trust in the guidance of our funeral experts for the best options at the best price possible.
YOUR PEACE OF MIND IS OUR PRIORITY
WE DO THE SEARCHING AND PLANNING ON YOUR BEHALF
Information to have when a death occurs
- The deceased full name and date of birth
- The names of both parents, making sure to provide the mother’s given name
- The place of birth of the deceased
- The deceased social insurance number
- The deceased medicare card (If it’s in the declarant possession)
- The deceased full address and marital status
- Clothing including undergarments. Also, if it is the case; shoes, glasses, dentures and any other accessories necessary to the personalization of the deceased.
WHEN YOU LOSE A LOVED ONE… YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR ARE NOT ALONE! MANY PROFESSIONALS ARE THERE TO HELP.
After the loss of a loved one, the mourning stage is a normal process in the loss of a loved one. Each person’s reaction may differ and be expressed differently, in its own way.
The important thing to remember, is that it is normal to experience many different kind of emotions to the loss. Some people experience anger, some other feel lost, some people may not understand what has just happened. Talking to a professional will help with the understanding of these unusual feelings.
What to do when a death occurs during the night?
Contact 911 immediately. They will send over the medical care staff, a doctor will be assigned to confirm the death and complete the appropriate documentations.
How to choose between incineration and traditional interment?
An inhumation is the traditional way to have a viewing of the body inside a casket followed by a burial held at the cemetery.
Incineration or cremation is a relatively new procedure, only permitted since 1983 in Quebec. Everybody is entitled to his last wishes when it comes to inhumation or cremation. If the deceased did not mention his last wishes, we suggest that you consult with your funeral director to evaluate the best solution for you and your family.
How much should we budget for funeral services?
Costs range anywhere between $1,000 and $10,000 or even $15,000 and sometimes more. For example, funeral costs will be higher if the funeral service has to include the cost of a cemetery space and a memorial identification.
Ask our professionals for any advise when it comes to alternative options in selecting funeral goods and services, and cemetery.
Can interment take place in the middle of winter?
Despite the rigorous weather, most cemeteries are still accessible in winter and traditional interment can take place despite the frozen ground. Other cemeteries, especially in smaller communities, may not offer burial services until the spring.
The Team of Funera Concept
Please fill up the contact form and send it to us. A member of our team will contact you as soon as possible. You may also contact us on our toll free number and connect with us on social networks.